Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Holiday Minis!

It was SO wonderful to do mini-shoots with so many gorgeous families since Thanksgiving. I knew that people were getting into holiday card mode, so I offered this shorter session to get some shots to use for cards and gifts. And I'm so glad I did because I got to reconnect with some old friends and get caught up with friends that I don't often get to see. I promised to wait to post these, so I wouldn't spoil any surprises that might be coming in the mail - enjoy!

Gavin and Lindsay are friends from high school, and since I haven't seen either of them since then it was so great to get to photograph them and their two sweet boys Kai and Quinn. We met at the Old Poway Park (a favorite spot of my friend Erin, who also has a photography business) and took advantage of the great weather and rustic backdrops:







I have known Lindsey and her family forever (her sister is one of my closest friends), so it's always so much fun to see friends at new stages in life. Lindsey and Alex had an adorable little girl, Ella, this year and I was excited to get to meet her and capture those beautiful eyes (doesn't hurt that her parents are also quite photogenic!):





And to add icing on the cake, I also got to photograph Ella with her cousin Maddie! My dear friend Kristin, Lindsey's sister, had Maddie just a few weeks after my little guy arrived, and their mom wanted some shots of the girls together for Christmas. These two are not only the cutest little cousins you've ever seen, but you can tell they are going to get into lots of trouble together when they're older!






Megan and I grew up across the street from each other, so she's another long-time friend who now has kids about the same ages as mine. Kyler (3) and Rilynn (2 months) got dressed up for some holiday photos, and it was so sweet watching them interact. Not easy to get these two ages to pose together, but you can tell that Kyler really loves her baby sister!







My good friend Heather and her husband Matt welcomed little Joshua into the world this past summer, and we were treated to a perfect fall afternoon with extraordinary colors to take some family photos. I hadn't seen Joshy since his bris, so it was amazing to see how big he's gotten, and cute too! I just love this family!





Happy holidays, whichever ones you're celebrating this time of year!

No comments:

Post a Comment