Sunday, November 27, 2011

Larchmont Charter West Fundraiser

I am slowly, but surely, starting to get caught up with my editing. In the last eight days, I've had 11 shoots! And of course this is the week that my Lightroom decided to FAIL on me. I spent much of Thanksgiving stressing about this, because I was on a tight deadline to get a few of them out by the end of the weekend. Anyway, I found temporary solution to my problem and now I am finally able to share some of my work from last week!

I was so thrilled to be asked by a couple friends, whose kids are in my daughter's preschool class and who are also involved with a local charter school, to participate in a photo shoot fundraiser. Each family who signed up got a 1/2 hour session (there were 3 photographers) and they made a donation to the school (with a small cut going) to the photographers). Just in time for the holidays, each family received approximately 10-15 images to keep - for cards, gifts, you name it! I got to shoot 4 families and it was so much fun. It was a HUGE challenge because it was pouring most of the afternoon so our settings were limited. The lighting was not terrible cooperative so I ended up with some grainy and out of focus images...grrrr. But I did find some winners and with a fair amount of editing I managed to get each family their disk! Below are some of my favorite shots from the day:










1 comment:

  1. Wonderful idea, great work!!! Maybe we can do something like this for IKAR???

    ReplyDelete